The Institute of Information System is the original Institute of High-speed Signal Processing and Network Transmission (Signal Detection and Processing Laboratory), whose predecessor is the Radar Teaching and Research Group. The Institute now has 7 professors/researchers, 8 associate professors/associate researchers, and 5 lecturers/assistant researchers.
The Institute is subordinate to the first-level discipline Information and Communication Engineering (national key first-level discipline) and has two second-level disciplines, namely Communication and Information System (national key second-level discipline), Information Network and Complex System. It undertakes the teaching of more than 20 undergraduate courses and graduate courses. The Institute recruits more than 30 doctoral and master students each year. In recent years, it has cultivated a wide range of socialist-minded and professionally competent talents including 2 national outstanding doctoral thesis winners, 1 national outstanding postdoctoral fellow, and 1 national excellent instructor.
The research directions of the Institute include Radar Signal Processing, Information Network and Complex System, Satellite Navigation and Countermeasure, Media Signal Processing and Intelligent Transportation. In recent years, it has undertaken and completed many scientific research and technical research projects from the state, ministries and commissions and enterprises, published a good number of high-quality academic papers, and won dozens of national, provincial and ministerial awards including the first prize of national invention.
Paper award won by postgraduate students
1. Radar Signal Processing
(1) Track processing technology: Mainly study the mobile target tracking of mobile platforms, detection and tracking of dim and small targets in a complex environment, multi-sensor track fusion and anti-track deception technologies, etc.
(2) Radar imaging technology: Mainly study SAR/ISAR imaging technology, radar imaging technology based on sparse inversion, synthetic broadband radar signal processing with step frequency and random frequency hopping as the signal form.
(3) Radar polarization theory and polarization information processing: Mainly study the optimal polarization theory, relative optimal polarization and clutter suppression, target feature parameter extraction, ground object target recognition and classification, interference SAR data processing, etc.
(4) Array signal processing: Mainly study the array signal processing technology, information theory, general high-speed real-time signal processing system technology.
General radar signal processing system
2. Information Network and Complex System
(1) Wireless sensor network: Mainly study the network routing of wireless sensor network, multiple access and wireless physical layer technology, engineering realization and application of wireless sensor network.
(2) Complex network and network security: Mainly study the inherent complexity of large-scale networked systems, security technology of wireless network, and cryptographic system based on spatiotemporal chaos.
(3) Multi-sensor data fusion: Mainly study the efficient and robust multi-sensor data fusion processing algorithm in complex application environment, and the application of multi-sensor data fusion technology in military and civilian fields.
The sensor network is applied to the monitoring of Olympic venues
3. Navigation and Positioning
(1) Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and its application: Mainly study the universal receiver compatible with GPS, Galileo, Glonass and cored by Beidou, GNSS receiver baseband processor chip, GNSS/INS combined navigation technology, etc.
(2) Satellite navigation countermeasure technology: Mainly study the overall technology of satellite navigation countermeasure, reconnoitering and analysis of navigation signals, simulation and performance evaluation of navigation signals, etc.
GNSS signal simulation and performance evaluation system
4. Multimedia Signal Processing
(1) Theories and methods of video image coding and representation: Mainly study the digital image video coding algorithm based on wavelet transformation, video image motion analysis, robust video coding method, etc.
(2) Network information search: Mainly study the Web information search methods based on statistical learning theory, video information analysis and feature representation, etc.
5. Intelligent Transportation Information System
Mainly study the microwave traffic flow monitoring system, video traffic flow monitoring system, multi-sensor fusion monitoring system, vehicle intelligent environment perception system, and basic theories of traffic flow.
Vehicle forward collision avoidance system
Institute of Information System